1. By 1830 non-mexicans outnumbered mexicans in Texas by almost
A.Immigrants made little effort to adapt to the Mexican Culture.
B. Were required to practice Catholocism by Mexican Law, many privatley
continued to practice thier own faith.
C. The Mexican government prohibited importation of slaves, settlers
believed they were vital to the cotton industry.
2. In 1830 Mexican Government prohibits immigration to Texas
from U.S. fearing a rebellion or a U.S. Invasion.
3. Tensions grew worse with election of President Antonio
Lopez de Santa Anna who established dictorial control over the Mexican Government.
4. Stephen Austin went to Mexico City to attempt to negotiate
peace with Mexican Authorities, was jailed.
5. When released he had given up hope of a peaceful settlement
and claimed war was the only option.
6. Many settlers were outraged and began Isolated clashes
with the Mexican Army that became the a full scale Revolution.